Friday, October 1, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE SCRAPROOM!



We're celebrating 6 wonderful years in business at The ScrapRoom during the month of October. And, as we're in the habit of celebrating this milestone with gifts and goodies, we've got some great stuff planned for this year as well!

1.)We've opened up our BIRTHDAY BASH FORUM, and we'll be giving away a prize each day during the month of October! If you haven't already registered as a message board user, now is definitely the time to do that - cause you can't win if you don't play and you can't play if you aren't registered. (Registration on the message board doesn't commit you to purchase anything; it is just a necessary means to keep spammers from inundating our board.)

2.) Since I seem to be a nerdy fan of alliteration, we're introducing "TERRIFIC TUESDAYS" on the blog during the month of October. Each Tuesday during the month of October, we've got a "gift" for you here on our blog. Oh, the exciting stuff that we're going to be rolling out this month. I can hardly wait to share the details - but let's just suffice it to say that there are a lot of BIG SAVINGS in the works for our customers! Plan to check back here on Tuesdays to see what we've got in store for you!

3.) We're kicking off our brand new MOD Squad on our message board this month, and the MOD Squad members for the coming year wanted to do a little blog hop to introduce themselves to you all and to celebrate World Card-Making Day! They've got some fun stuff planned this month, so be sure to hop on over to Barb's blog for Stop #1 on the tour. :)

4.) The beautiful Birthday Card shown above was created by our Guest Designer, Frances Sylvia. Frances creates absolutely amazing layouts and cards, and I was so excited when she agreed to Guest Design for us for THREE months! Welcome Frances!

Hello my name is Frances Sylvia and I am from Many, Louisiana. I am a spoiled wife, mother of 4 (all under 9 years old…shew!), Junior High Remediation teacher, and a totally addicted scrapbooker. My greatest inspiration comes from my family and friends in the photos, but I am also inspired by sketches, patterned paper, and what I bought that week from the scrapbook store. Though my style seems to change as the wind blows, there are a few elements I can not leave off a layout these days, such as, hand or machine stitching, doodling, threaded buttons, inking, and layering. Since my time is mostly devoted to being a wife and mother, I believe that scrapbooking should be FUN!! There is no greater pleasure for me than to enjoy my family, put the kids to bed, and relive the memories that we created once again.
I have been a longtime fan of The Scraproom, and I am super excited to be Guest Designing for the next few months. I look forward to working with the talented design team, and thanks so much Tammy for this wonderful opportunity!
To learn more about me, visit my blog Forever and a Year.

And, I leave you today with some inspiration from Frances using our October kits, which, by the way, have just been posted on our website! We're featuring some of my favorite paper lines from the Summer Show this month! I can't wait to make some time to scrapbook this weekend! You can see the full gallery HERE - oodles and gobs of great inspiration from all of our Baristas this month!







5 comments:

  1. Awesome work, Francces!! Thank you for joining us this month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cards and layouts are beautiful! Thanks Frances for being our guest designer. :-)

    and Happy Birthday TSR!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frances: Your layouts are lovely!!! I can't wait to see what you create next month too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much girls!!! I just had the best time with that kit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing layouts Frances, I love your style.

    ReplyDelete