Thursday, March 17, 2011

DT Inspiration with Melanie!!

Ready for my little tutorial on making a mini album with this month's kit? It's a bit long and full of pictures....so, you might want to grab a snack. :)

When I received The ScrapRoom kit this month and saw Echo Park's For the Record line with TWO sticker sheets and the Bella Blvd Tall Tags, I knew it would make a great mini album for my grandparents. They are celebrating their 50th Wedding Anniversary next week, and I was excited to make this mini for them!

Let's get started...

To start: I gathered all of my supplies (Seriously...check out all of the fab stuff still in my kit after I made 4 layouts!).

Sorry about the flash in this photo....I'm a night scrapper.
















I made my own mini album by using 8x8 acid free chipboard (you could use any type of chipboard, cereal boxes, or cardstock as a base). I cut my chipboard to (6) 4"x6".













To keep my album consistent I cut (12) 4"x6" and (6) 0.5"x6"pieces of Echo Park For the Record pattern paper plus (6) 2"x6" Bella Blvd Tall Tags.
















Album Cover Supplies:
(1) 4"x6"Echo Park paper, (1) 0.5"x6 Echo Park paper, (1) Bella Blvd Tall Tag, (1) 2.5"x2" photo, and the fab Petaloo flower and leaf stick pins from our kit, and Alphabet stickers for title.



















Pages 1 & 2:
(2) 4"x6" Echo Park papers, (1) 0.5"x6 Echo Park paper, (1) Bella Blvd Tall Tag, (2) 2.5"x2" (1) 3.5"x3" photos, and Echo Park embellishment stickers.


















Pages 3 & 4:
(2) 4"x6" Echo Park papers, (1) Bella Blvd Tall Tag, (1) 2.5"x2" (1) 3"x3" photos, and Echo Park embellishment stickers.


















Pages 5 & 6:
(2) 4"x6" Echo Park papers, (2) 0.5"x6 Echo Park papers, (1) Bella Blvd Tall Tag, (1) 3"x2.25" (1) 2.25"x3" photos, and Echo Park embellishment stickers.


















Pages 7 & 8:
(2) 4"x6" Echo Park papers, (1) 0.5"x6 Echo Park paper, (1) Bella Blvd Tall Tag, (1) 3"x3" (1) 3"x2.5" photos, and Echo Park embellishment stickers.


















Pages 9 & 10:
(2) 4"x6" Echo Park papers, (1) 0.5"x6 Echo Park paper, (1) Bella Blvd Tall Tag, (1) 2.5"x3" (1) 3"x3" photos, and Echo Park embellishment stickers.


















Back Page:
(1) 4"x6" Echo Park paper, (1) 2.75"x4" Echo Park journal paper, and Echo Park embellishment stickers.



















To bind my album I used binder rings that I picked up from the office supply store. The ribbon came from my stash. Excluding the rings and ribbon, this entire mini album can be made with the TSR March kit and add-ons.

After I add photos from the party, I will add a few more stickers and labels.

Tammy seriously loaded March's kit: I was able to make 4 single page layouts, 1 double layout, a candy jar, and a mini album. Plus I still have some left over!!

Thanks for looking! I hope you enjoyed it. If you make a mini album, be sure to upload it to the TSR gallery or facebook page!

6 comments:

  1. So, so sweet!! TFS this tutorial Melanie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous album Melanie! Such a wonderful gift to your parents. Can't believe you were able to whip it out in such a short amount of time too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops, I meant to type grandparents :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cool... and you mixed the kits! *gasp* They do look good together - awesome! (And Tammy does make it hard to kill a kit, doesn't she?!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your mini! I especially like how you used the Bella Boulevard tall tags. Genious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that is fantastic! And what a lovely gift!

    ReplyDelete