Thursday, May 12, 2011

DT Inspiration with Lan!

While working on my little cousin's baby book, I was inspired by the packaging of Lisa Frank's stickers my daughter had used. Remember them? The bright colorful sheets full of fancy designs that draws little girls to them. Take a look...


I was just about to pitch them into the recycle bin, when I noticed that the layout of squares would make a great color-blocking layout.


And here is a look at how quickly it came together. The 5 rectangles stacked in the center was calling me to use Little Yellow Bicycles Twig Collection that was already divided into sections. This paper was just too pretty to cover up.


Now, to finish it off, I decided to add a bit of stitching. I usually use my sewing machine because I don't have a ton of time to hand sew. But once in a while, it's fun to get out the needle and thread to add interest with hand stitching. Using a paper piercer, I followed the outline of the leaves and punched my template. Then I sewed just a few leaves to add a little bit of dimension.


And here is the end result...

Sweet Baby Boy

Happy Thursday and thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Great layout Lan! I love the stitching on the leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful Lan ... and I love your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete