Friday, December 23, 2011

Aphra's Christmas Tradition!

We have many Christmas traditions at our house, but my favorite one is that of the Christmas pajamas. Every year since the birth of my second son, I have bought my two boys coordinating pajamas to wear on Christmas morning. Every year I take their picture wearing them and then create a scrapbook layout about them. Now that my oldest son is eleven, I'm not sure how much longer he'll cooperate. Here's a journey through Christmas pajamas of past.
2011


This year I bought non-traditional pajamam. Paul Frank's Monkey. Too cute! And I learned how to take the glowing photo of the Christmas tree using THIS tutorial. It was super easy.

2010

Last year, my younger son was insistent on wearing "zippy pajamas." I did not buy a matching pair for the ten-year-old, so he got a nice green plaid pair. Not as matchy matchy, but still festive for Christmas morning.

2009


In 2009, I went for a different color scheme and got red, brown, and gray pajams. Flames for the older boy and bears for the younger one. Oh, and do you see another tradition? It's Christmas morning Monkey Bread. Mmmm!!! I use THIS amazing recipe.

2008


Christmas Pajamas 2008 were by far my favorite pair. I got the boys some bright, striped thermals from The Children's Place. They have such a wonderful assortment of fun colors and patterns and they sell big and little kid sizes.

2007


And finally, the very first year of matching Christmas pajamas. Gosh, just looking at these photos reminds me how much they've grown. * sniff * sniff * My little snaggle-tooth first grader in his plaid flannels and my baby wearing a Christmas sleeper with a side of drool. Awww . . . I'm so thankful that I scrapbook, so I can look back at this sweet family tradition for years to come.

Merry Christmas to you and yours this holiday season! And best of luck to you in snapping as many photos as possible so that you can remember this special time for years to come.

1 comment: