Monday, February 20, 2012

Design Team Inspiration with Melanie!!

Garland is the "new banner" this CHA season. I saw quite a few lines with garland and I LOVE it! I created my own garland for two of my layouts this month.


I created a little tutorial on creating your own garland. Please ignore the fabric dust on my sewing machine...I need to clean it :)

Step 1: Fussy cut out hearts and punch out desired shapes

Step 2: Increase the stitch length on your sewing machine. Length 3mm works great for my machine.

Step 3: Insert first heart under foot, in front of needle. The press needle down.

Step 4: Chain stitch hearts and punched circles. Do not stop stitching between pieces.

Step 5: Garland is done. Enjoy!


Be sure to post your garland projects in the gallery!

Melanie

4 comments:

  1. Yummy, Melanie! I'm so going to try this! LOVE IT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made a similar garland for Valentine's day last year (or the year before?) I love it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's super cool, now if only I can get a tutorial I can follow that helps me thread my machine (seriously)LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great garland tutorial Melanie! Definitely going to give this a try. :-)

    ReplyDelete