Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Project Life: Weeks 5 & 6

Hi everyone, I'm back with my first two weeks of Project Life for February.  For Week 5's spread, I chose the Crate Paper Fourteen kit.  It made for quite a colorful spread.

Week 5

Left Side and Front of Insert
This week I had a TON of pictures, so I decided to use an insert.  The left and right pages are traditional Becky Higgins Design A page protectors, and the insert is a 10" x 12" Design G.  
Back of Insert and Right Side
One reason I chose this insert is because it allowed me to use two 4" x 6" vertical photos of each of my kiddos with their grandparents.
The title card is pretty simple.  A couple of pieces of patterned paper topped with two die cuts from my Silhouette.  
To add the date to my layout, I cut this Memories image from my Silhouette.  I love that the patterned paper peeks through.  The cardstock all came in my kit.  I was even able to print my journaling onto the cardstock and then trim it down into a lithe banner shape.  
For my filler cards, I added more journaling strips attached with the Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher (an awesome addition to your Project Life supplies) and October Afternoon Label Stickers and some AC Kraft Heart Stickers.  I love that it doesn't take much time or many supplies to embellish the small 3" x 4" cards.

And finally, I added a cropped picture to the American Crafts Die Cut frame and embellished it with some October Afternoon Mini Market Alpha stickers.  Quick, easy, but SO cute!  
This week's spread includes nineteen photos.  Nineteen!  And . . . the layout is IN the album, not sitting on a shelf waiting to be put away.  And . . . I still have plenty of supplies left to do another spread or even create a traditional layout if I like.  

Week 6

For my Week 6 spread, I decided to mix it up a little by using two of the February kits:  Crate Paper Fourteen and American Crafts Darling Dear.  I based my selections on the colors in the pictures.  
With Insert
Without Insert
Again this week, I used an insert since I had sooooo many pictures.  This time, however, the insert is half of a Becky Higgins Design E page protector.  I love that all these pocket page protectors are seamed, so you can just trim then wherever you need to.  

Back of Insert
Becky Higgins' Design E page protectors have four 6" x 6" openings.  I filled two of those openings with 6" x 6" collages that I created using an iPhone app and then printed at Persnickety Prints.  You can learn more about these prints HERE.  I filled the other two openings with mini layout, one with paper strips and a card from the American Crafts paper and one with a 4" x 6" photo and paper border. The soccer ball was cut with my Silhouette.
For my title card, used patterned paper and another 3x3 card from the American Crafts paper.  The Studio Calico Wood Veneer Alphabet pieces are perfect for adding the week.  For one of the filler cards, I used an October Afternoon label sticker and one of the American Crafts chipboard hearts.  None of these embellishments is very thick, so they work very well in the pocket page protectors.
For this week's journaling, I created a Week In Review card.  It was so easy to type up the journaling and cut it out in strips.  And how cute are the Wood Veneers Alphabet pieces to label this card?
You wanna know my favorite part of this spread, though?  I got 16 photos into an album in about an hour using the contents of one of my TSR kits.  I am definitely getting more pages done!

- Aphra

Does this get you geared up for Project Life or what?  I am totally loving how Aphra is making the TSR kits work for Project Life... and now there's an even easier way to incorporate TSR kits into your pocket pages:  check out the new TSR Project Life Add-On Kit - coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment