Monday, April 8, 2013

Project Life: Weeks 13 and 14

Happy Spring, Scrappy Peeps!  I hope that you are enjoying a little sunshine and a little warmer weather in your part of the world.  As you can see from my two Project Life spreads that I am sharing with you today, we have some sunny Spring Breaks here in Louisiana.   All of the lovely floral patterns and soft colors in this month's kits were a perfect fit for all the Spring colors in my photos, too.  I keep getting lucky that way.  Ready to see?  Don't forget that you can click on any image to see it larger.

Week Thirteen:  Crate Paper Maggie Holmes 


This spread doesn't actually include a week's worth of pictures.  Instead, it includes twenty photos from a day trip to a plantation that my kids and I took last Spring Break.  In order to accommodate so many photos, I cut down a Becky Higgins Design F Page Protector so that it ended up being 6" x 12".  

Left Side


For my title card, I used the wood plank paper.  I loved the soft neutral color with so many bright pictures, and the pattern seemed appropriate for all the pictures of the plantation home and grounds.  For the actual title, I used a mixture of Thickers from my stash.  This came about as an accident since I didn't have enough of any one style to create the whole title, but I really love how it turned out.  That happy accident will be happening again.

Title Card


Journal Card


Right Side (Without Insert)


For my Week 14 spread, I had a handful of random photos from our time at home the week of Spring Break.  I used cards from the Project Life Add On kit and the B sides of some Flavors of the Month papers.  

Week 14: Elle's Studio and Teresa Collins


Since I couldn't find any sort of unity for these pictures, I decided to treat the left and right sides separately.  For the left side, I pulled out the corals and I pulled out the reds and blues for the right side. Once I had a color scheme in mind, it was easy to sift through all my goodies to find the colors.

Left Side


Title Cards


Right Side


To create this heart, I attached two small strips of the striped sticker strip to a piece of scrap white paper and then punched out my heart.  And how cute is that wooden button from the Flavors of the Month kit?



The last card is based on the April Project Life sketch.  Instead of using it for the title card, I used it for a journaling card with large sticker alphas.  You can see the sketch used for my title card on my Week 16 spread, which I'll be sharing next week.  In the meantime, here's the sketch if you'd like to give it a try.

April Project Life Sketch


Thanks for stopping by today.  See you soon with Weeks 15 and 16.

No comments:

Post a Comment