Friday, April 19, 2013

Project Life: Weeks 15 and 16

Hi everyone!  Just popping in today to share the next two weeks in my Project Life album.  This week I have lots of lovely spring colors, a few Silhouette cuts, and a ton of great product from the ScrapRoom's kits.

Week 15: Studio Calico Here & There


Since this week's layout was our Easter pictures and since the Studio Calico kit wasn't Easter themed, I pulled out my Silhouette Cameo to cut an egg and a bunny.  And then I just kept on going.  Ha ha!


I used another insert page protector for this spread.  Same as last time -- Becky Higgins' Design F cut dow to 6" x 12".

Right Side: With Insert


Right Side: Without Insert


I just had to figure out a way to include these three brads.  What I came up with is pretty simple:  two strips of washi tape (from previous TSR kits) topped with the brads.  



Week 16: My Mind's Eye Unforgettable


This layout is another example of photos from just one event, a day trip to New Orleans.  And with the right combination of page protectors (Becky Higgins Design A and Design F), I was able to include fourteen photos.  Gotta love some Project Life.  

Left Side


Title Card


Did you notice that this card is also based on the Project Life sketch that I created for April?  It's such an easy and versatile sketch.  

Right Side


Filler Cards


I really liked the floral journaling card, but I honestly didn't have much to write.  Instead, I used some Thickers to add New Orleans' nickname, The Big Easy.

Journal Card


For the Notes card, I cut down another 3x4 to give it a little more color.  The journaling itself is really just a list of some of the sights that we saw while on our trip.  I put number stickers on the different photos to correspond to the list.  What an easy trick!

No comments:

Post a Comment