Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Photo-less Scrapping

Sometimes I have events to scrap about but no pictures.  And sometimes I have paper I want to use but nothing matches (yes, I'm one of those matchy-matchy scrappers *wink*).  The Bella Blvd kit in the July Doubleshot was like that for me.  Around here, if I take a picture of anything, it's either orange, safety yellow, brown, or pink... not so much red, white, or blue!  And I did consider taking some of those photos and turning them black & white, but for me, colors are part of the story.  So what to do?  Well... back to the first thought:  scrap an event that doesn't have pictures!

On 10/10/10, one of the topics on the Message Board was to list 10 things that defined your life at the time.  So I did... and I snapped a screen shot of it and saved it for just the right page.

Oh gosh... only 32 posts!  Awwww, I was just a baby MB'er.  LOL

And here's what I did with this and the Bella kit:

So the next time you have paper you want to use but nothing matches... or you want to scrap an event that's important to you but there's no pictures... Grab yourself a ScrapRoom kit and get to work!  Sure, a picture may be worth a thousand words, but I'll argue that any memory will trigger about that many words, too. 

Want to see more examples?  Check out some more of my pages (you can always click on them to see them bigger).  I love looking at these now.  And yes, the words alone trigger enough memories to make me smile!

I'd love to see any photo-less layouts you come up with; share them below!

- Theresa/Savi

No comments:

Post a Comment