Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Project Life Tip: Adding White Space



Hi everyone, and Happy New Year!  I hope you are enjoying the start to your 2014.  And I hope you have started a new Project Life album, whether it be for this year or for a year passed.  I am working a few different albums this year:  Project Disney 2012, Project Life 2013, and Project Life 2014.  Well, actually, I haven't started the 2014 one yet.  I'll be kicking it off in February when I actually have photos to work with from this year.  Anyway, I have a quick Project Life tip to share today -- adding white space.


I love using Tammy's kits for my Project Life albums, but sometimes I feel the need to break up some of the patterns on a page.  Sometimes my eye needs a little break, so I add in some of my Becky Higgins 3x4 grid cards.  I add them to the title cards so that my stickers, die cuts, and embellishments show up.
I also create my own journal spots by trimming down the 3x4 card to 2x3 and placing it in the center of a piece of patterned paper.  And, of course, the journaling spot also provides a place to ground an embellishment: sticker, cork, chipboard, die cuts.






And finally, I use a trimmed grid card as a place to embellish.  See that cute cake chipboard piece?  It didn't really show up on the yellow patterned paper, but it really pops off the grid card.  Love that contrast!


I love this technique so much that I had to go out and buy a new set of grid cards.  The first one lasted me the entire year, though, so that's not too bad.

Thanks for popping by today!  And happy scrapping.  

1 comment: