Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Project Life: Two Pics and a Sketch

As I was working on my September layouts, I realized that I had a strange mix of photos. For a couple of events, I had large quantities of pictures. However, there were some really random photos that I didn't want to leave out, but I didn't have enough random pictures to make a monthly spread. That is how I ended up with a page that only contains two pictures. Surprisingly, though, I like it. So, today I thought I'd share how I was able to stretch two small 3" by 4" pictures into a whole pocket page spread.

Lost Tooth


The first thing that made me want to create a whole page out of two pictures was the Simple Stories Boy Cards that came in the Project Life kit. The "Hot Stuff" one with the glasses is perfect for the picture of my little fella wearing his brother's glasses. And the "Hang Loose" card reminds me of the loose tooth that my son finally pulled. 

To complete the page, I grabbed a journaling card and an extra card for the sticker that was on my son's shirt when he got home from school the day he pulled his tooth. After those four cards were in the 3x4 inch slots, I knew I'd have to put the pictures in the larger slots. One of them fit perfectly over the journaling lines on the "What Ever" once I cropped it. I put the other one on a filler card.


For my title card, I cut out a large tooth and simple title on my Silhouette Cameo. The date was added with stickers from the kit. I used two washi tape stickers on the top and bottom of the green paper to add a bit more pattern. All those extra details helped the page feel full even though it only has two small pictures.


As a bonus, I created a sketch out of today's title card. I hope you like it and can use it. And I hope you won't let a limited number of pictures keep you from documenting your memories and getting more pages done!  See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment