Saturday, July 11, 2015

Patterned Paper: Bonus Layout


I had this one photograph of our son, Jason, that has it's own story to tell regarding our tradition of taking our boys to Red Robin when they were young, for their birthdays.  I thought that the Ephemera and papers from American Crafts Dear Lizzy Fine & Dandy would be perfect. Since I did not have the right combination of paper scraps to complete the next installment of our Patterned Paper Series, I went out on my own with today's featured layout.  However, we will continue Brenda's tips in the near future.

Here are the instructions:
  • Fussy cut the outline of your subject leaving a slight border.
  • Balloon paper - 2 x 5 inches and 6 x 9 inches, pink stripe - 4 x 9 inches, red dot - 6 x 1 inch and 3.5 x 1.5 inch.
  • White with pink dot circles - 5 inches, 6.25 inches and 2.25 inches, red cardstock circle mats - 5.25 inches, 6.5 inches and 2.5 inches.  The decorative border strips are 6.5 inches long and 4.5 inches long.
  • Start assembling by placing the large patterned pieces about an inch and a half from the top as shown.  Build on those pieces, all of your cuts as seen in the layout.  Add photograph.
  • Choose ephemera, chipboard, enamel dots any other embellishments and alphabets to fit the theme of your page. I matted my ephemera and attached them with foam adhesive and threads for added dimension and interest.  I, also, printed my journaling on the Fine and Dandy heart paper, cut them as strips and matted them.

No comments:

Post a Comment